Backsplash tiles were introduced mainly for protecting the walls but this took a decorative turn. If you like to upgrade the kitchen then backsplash tiles have to be replaced. DIY requires good skills but saves a lot of labor costs. Anyway, professionals are always better to get a good finish.
If you have never tried to install the backsplash tiles then there may be some problems during installation. Here are some problems which you face during installation but you can solve them like a professional.
Support For Tiles
When the wall tiles are installed a solid support is needed until it gets fixed. If there is no support like behind the appliances then fix a wooden board with the help of screws. White glossy subway tile would best for a clear backsplash. After the installation, the board can be removed. Tile spacers should be placed between the tile and support. In between tiles also these spacers can be placed to complete caulking.
For the tiles with different patterns, the edges would give an ugly finish if there are no frames. In corners, these trim pieces are fixed to give a good finish. Arabescato Carrara honed pencil molding is used with Trlaio 2˝hexagon honed mosaic to get that magical finish. These molds have a 3D effect and contrasting colors are also available.
Crack In Bottom Line Grout
When Splitface Travertine is used for backsplash grout has to be used in the bottom row. But there are chances of the grout line cracking. If grout is not necessary then avoid using it. Caulk would be more flexible for using here.
Tiling Around The Outlets
There are many electrical outlets which may be difficult for installing tiles. Ice interlocking pattern Mosaic Tiles are available in pre-meshed sheets. A hand-held cutter is enough to make the necessary electrical connections pop out of the tiles.
The measurement of the outlets has to be taken. The mosaic sheet has to be cut accordingly. The cut tiles have to be trimmed. The sheet has to be installed and the cut pieces can be used around the outlets.
Surface Looking Dull
Left-over grout or the cleaner used may leave a film on the surface of the tile. This has to be cleaned carefully every day to get back the shining. Calacatta Blanco Patterned Marble gives its best look when cleaned perfectly.
It takes time to learn the perfect techniques to install the tiles. Even a professional has to go through this learning process in the beginning.
If we have enough space in the backyard, it would be wonderful to decorate it. Outdoor oasis or hardscaping would give a wonderful look to the backyard. There is a lot of selection in the market for hardscaping. Flagstones, stepping stones, and many other tiles are there to suit any style. A serene look can be got to the space using your imagination. Here are five hardscape ideas to make the backyard a tranquil retreat.
A tranquil Koi pond would be a wonderful idea. The sound of the fishes swimming and the foliage rustles would give a deep soothing to the mind. Here neutral hardscaping ideas would be perfect. Mixed Polished Beach Pebbles has the colors of whites, gray and orange to give a neutral tone. With these ideas, the backyard turns into a Zen, the place for you to relax.
Larger Stones for Bigger Space
If you have a large backyard, then use Pennsylvania Bluestone Pavers. These stones can be used for pool surrounds too. If space is large then these stones cover them with fewer installations. In summer this place would be inviting with the water and its surrounds. The pavers are in 12×12 and 24×36 size. They are in colors of gray, blue and rust tones. The pavers are of different sizes and this covers the space easily and attracts attention too. This place would be perfect for lounging and seating.
Stepping stones give more beauty to the backyard. This leads to the pool or a water fountain. This Venetian Gray Stepping Stone Pavers can be used for the front yard. There are hand-cut stepping stones which allow strolling into the garden.
If proper stones are used there would be a cottage look to space. The patio in the front yard would be a perfect place for having tea-parties. VKD Quartzite Flagstone has the perfect color balance and looks gorgeous.
The gray and rust colors give warm tones for the fireplace and the dining set furniture. The grout matches the window trim. The windows are furbished with lemon chiffon curtains. All the colors match elegantly.
Edges With Cobbles
Edges can be added to the lawns. This helps in avoiding the weeds. In the past bricks were used as edges but now cobbles are used to give an enchanting look. Giallo Fantasia Granite Tumbled Tiles are perfect for edges. They have colors like cream, gray, yellow and black. Mix both the sizes of 4×4 and 4×8 to make a custom design. The whole hardscape becomes impressive.
It may be hundred years or more, since when marble has a great contribution towards making residential as well commercial places extremely glamorous. Yet, many of us feel confused regarding the installation of marble within the residence. Proper installation of marble can make the flooring just awesome and will normally raise the beauty of the home. Here we can take a look at certain designs of marble which can surely give an excellent appearance of the bathroom.
- Camouflage can become one of the most dedicated as well as gorgeous design to make the bathroom more beautiful. The natural veining of marbles on the floor will surely become a matter to observe the bathroom.
- Apart from flooring, marble on shower walls and bathtubs will also give a presentable appearance within the bathroom. This is known as the versatile approach which has become quite popular in recent days.
- Once you are planning to have marble flooring in the bathroom, you will surely be aware that the marbles will remain intact for years. Hence, it is always required to do proper sealing to the marble during installation. Such sealing procedure is also required to be repeated once in every three months.
- Another charm of marble is Patina. This exposure mainly occurs when marble is exposed to moisture and humidity for years. If you like to have a rust-hued patina style, these special types of marbles can be used within the bathrooms. Here you can take a sample test by soaking the marble in a bucket of water for more than two days. Now you can notice the changes within the marble and you will feel the charm of it.
- While you are planning to remodel the bathroom then marble can surely be a nice option. This will surely give an elegant appearance of the bathroom and will elevate the value. So, in case you are planning to sell your house then this will surely help to make the bathroom valuable than ever.
- The natural veining of the marble always delivers a stunning appearance. Normally, marbles are designed with black, gray and charcoal veining and automatically these veining will give an exquisite appearance.
- Marbles will always match with other materials such as wood, stainless-steel or granite, etc. Apart from using real marble, a homeowner can also select quartz or porcelain which possesses a marble-like look.
Hence, it is always suggested that using marble in the bathroom can definitely give a natural and elegant appearance.