There is always confusion about the ceramic and porcelain tile. Both of them are made of clay, sand, and water. They are then treated at a temperature of 1400 and 1500 degrees. Porcelain has denser clay and both are used for different purposes.
- Porcelain resists damages but ceramic tends to crack or chip in high traffic.
- It is the best for high traffic areas. Ceramic tends to crack when more traffic is allowed.
- Porcelain is not much porous than ceramic which makes it best for bathroom and kitchen.
- Many prints are made on the surface of porcelain tiles.
- If the clay is thick then the tile is denser.
- Tiles can be cut perfectly to make tiles look exactly next to each other.
- They are not expensive as much as porcelain tiles.
- Ceramic tiles can be cut easier, than porcelain tiles.
- It`s weight is lesser to make the transport charges lesser.
- It suits for more traffic areas.
- It is not good for cold weather.
- The surface of this tile is cold.
Porcelain is more superior than the ceramic tiles. This has a long life and thus many people prefer porcelain over ceramic. It is used for backsplashes n the kitchen and bathroom.